Concrete Garden is currently transitioning to its new home at CRFAIR. Stay tuned for the new team.
Consulting Editor: Quinn MacDonald
Quinn started with the magazine when it began as a class project in the spring of 2012 and was the Owner and Editor from 2014 to 2019. She also contributes to Megaphone Magazine and likes to blow off steam playing roller derby as The Wife of Wrath with the Eves of Destruction.
Samantha has been with the magazine since 2014 and graduated from the UVic Visual Arts program in 2016. Contact her for design inquiries at sweydesigns[at]gmail[dot]com
CONCRETE GARDEN ALUM
Managing Editor: Sarah Hughes (2015-2018)
Sarah is a graduate of UVic’s Creative Writing and Environmental Studies program (April 2015) and joined Concrete Garden as Managing Editor in Fall 2015.
Associate Editor: Trina McDonald (2015-2018)
Growing food and writing are two of Trina’s favourite things; bringing them together to contribute to a growing movement is a pleasure and a privilege. Having recently moved from Victoria to Cowichan, she looks forward to tapping into an expanding rural food scene growing just over the hill.
Adrian is a shameless foodie, blogger, and writer. He grew up in a small town in the Interior of B.C. before graduating from the University of Victoria with a degree in English and journalism. He worked at the Martlet as a staff writer and also writes for EAT magazine.
Garden Journal Columnist: Heather Neale Furneaux (2013-2018)
Heather is a Victoria-based writer and teacher who is currently completing her MFA in Creative Writing through UBC.
Consulting Editor: David Leach (2012-2018)
With decades of experience in the magazine writing business, David has been an invaluable supporter of Concrete Garden since the very beginning when it grew out of his magazine writing course. He is the Chair of the Department of Writing at UVic and the former managing editor of explore: Canada’s Outdoor Magazine. His second book, Chasing Utopia in a Divided Israel, was released by ECW Press in Fall 2016.
Editor at Large: Diandra Oliver (2015-2018)
A feminist writer, economist, and food business pollinator, Diandra’s work is rooted in community-based research and development. She directs her impact on settler responsibility to support decolonizing activities in food work and is a co-founder of Home Sweet Home Grocery. Find her writing in publications like Shameless Magazine, Remedy Magazine, and Our Schools, Our Selves.
Thanks to other past team members and supporters:
- Ryann Anderson – Online Editor, 2017-2018
- Lili Stewart – Photo Editor, 2017
- April Garrison – Photo Editor, 2016-2017
- Kimberley Veness – Editor in Chief, 2013-2014
- Shayna Kuffert – Online Editor, 2016-2017
- Alifia Kapasi, Assistant Art Director & Photo Editor, 2015-2016
- Robert Morris – Associate Editor, 2015-2016
- Naomi Stewart – Online Editor, 2015-2016
- Hannah Golding – Photo Editor, 2014-2015
- Madeline McParland – Online Editor, 2014-2015
- Rachel Lallouz – Associate Editor, 2014
- Britny Martlin – Associate Editor, 2014
- Michael Luis – Associate Editor, Fall 2013
- Kaitlyn Rosenburg – Art Director, Fall 2013
- David Leach – Publisher, 2012-2014
- Daniel Hogg – Production Coordinator, Fall 2013 and Spring/Summer 2014
- Hugo Wong – Photographer, Fall 2013 and Spring/Summer 2014
- TouchWood Editions – Sponsor, Fall 2013
- Vancity – Sponsor, Fall 2013
- University of Victoria Sustainability Project – Sponsor, 2012 and 2013
- University of Victoria Department of Writing – Sponsor, 2012-2015
- First Choice Books – Publisher, 2013-2014