Editor & Owner: Quinn MacDonald has been with the magazine since it began as a class project in the spring of 2012 and took over as Editor in 2014. She also contributes to Megaphone Magazine and likes to blow off steam playing roller derby as The Wife of Wrath with the Eves of Destruction.
Managing Editor: Sarah Hughes is a graduate of UVic’s Creative Writing and Environmental Studies program (April 2015) and joined Concrete Garden as Managing Editor in Fall 2015.
Associate Editor: A feminist writer, economist, and food business pollinator, Diandra Oliver‘s work is rooted in community-based research and development. She directs her impact on settler responsibility to support decolonizing activities in food work and is a co-founder of Home Sweet Home Grocery. Find her writing in publications like Shameless Magazine, Remedy Magazine, and Our Schools, Our Selves.
Photo Editor: April Garrison is a fourth-year at the University of Victoria where she is working towards a major in Visual Arts and a minor in Professional Writing. She joined the Concrete Garden team in 2017.
Food Editor: Adrian Paradis is a shameless foodie, blogger, and writer. He grew up in a small town in the Interior of B.C. before graduating from the University of Victoria with a degree in English and journalism. He worked at the Martlet as a staff writer and is currently the food editor of Concrete Garden.
Garden Journal Columnist: Heather Neale Furneaux is a Victoria-based writer and teacher who is currently completing her MFA in Creative Writing through UBC.
Consulting Editor: With decades of experience in the magazine writing business, David Leach has been an invaluable supporter of Concrete Garden since the very beginning when it grew out of his magazine writing course. He is the Chair of the Department of Writing at UVic and the former managing editor of explore: Canada’s Outdoor Magazine. His second book, Chasing Utopia in a Divided Israel, was released by ECW Press in Fall 2016.
Editor At Large: Kimberley Veness is an original Concrete Garden editor. Her first book, Let’s Eat: Sustainable Food for a Healthy Planet was released in February 2017 by Orca Books. Aimed at grades 3-6, the fact book about agriculture all over the world is with editors.
Thanks to past team members and supporters:
- Shayna Kuffert – Online Editor, 2016-2017
- Alifia Kapasi, Assistant – Art Director & Photo Editor, 2015-2016
- Robert Morris – Associate Editor, 2015-2016
- Naomi Stewart – Online Editor, 2015-2016
- Hannah Golding – Photo Editor, 2014-2015
- Madeline McParland – Online Editor, 2014-2015
- Rachel Lallouz – Associate Editor, 2014
- Britny Martlin – Associate Editor, 2014
- Michael Luis – Associate Editor, Fall 2013
- Kaitlyn Rosenburg – Art Director, Fall 2013
- David Leach – Publisher, 2012-2014
- Daniel Hogg – Production Coordinator, Fall 2013 and Spring/Summer 2014
- Hugo Wong – Photographer, Fall 2013 and Spring/Summer 2014
- TouchWood Editions – Sponsor, Fall 2013
- Vancity – Sponsor, Fall 2013
- University of Victoria Sustainability Project – Sponsor, 2012 and 2013
- University of Victoria Department of Writing – Sponsor, 2012-2015
- First Choice Books – Publisher, 2013-2014