It’s back! Join us for the 9th annual Garlic Festival at The Sharing Farm! Garlic Fest is the farm’s largest gathering of the year, situated on the award-winning Terra Nova Rural Park. We will be celebrating community, giving and of course, garlic!
What to expect:
-Expanded Farmers Market
-Fresh Local Garlic
-Culinary Fare from Local Chefs
– Meet Butterflyway Rangers and learn how to help our pollinators
-Growing Garlic Workshop
All proceeds from the festival go to supporting The Sharing Farm in our mission to grow fresh, healthy produce for families in need.
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors: Save-on Foods, City of Richmond, Steveston Insider, Edible Magazine
Admission by donation
Rain or shine
Join us at Amara Farm for a tour, potluck, and socializing with fellow farmers, gardeners, and farm curious folk. We are all Young Agrarians at heart so don’t be deterred if you are an older Young Agrarian 🙂
Please bring a dish to share and your own beverages. Eating surfaces and utensils are available at the farm. Feel free to bring along an instrument and maybe a sing-along will happen!
WHEN: August 30 from 5:30-10:00PM
- 6:00PM Farm tour
- 7:00PM Potluck
- 8:00PM-10:00PM Song circle and socializing!
Join cider makers Matthew and Katie at Twin Island Cider for an orchard & cidery tour, a demo of two traditional pressing methods, a honey bee talk by a local beekeeper, and by-donation cider tasting.
Bring a small dish to share and tools to eat with if you’d like to join us for a (weather dependent) potluck dinner in the orchard afterwards.
REGISTER: Cider tasting, by donation: http://twinislandciderfarmtour.brownpapertickets.ca
Join us at Lohbrunner Community Farm for a farm tour, discussion on cooperatively managing farmland, potluck, and a work party! Learn more about our unique model for stewarding land, and for farmers to gain access to farm land. During the farm tour, we will talk about this model—the land is held in trust by Farm Folk City Folk, managed by the Lohbrunner Community Farm Co-op (LCFC). Farmland parcels are leased by individual farmers.
After this tour and discussion we will share a potluck meal, and then get our hands dirty for an hour or two! Details of the work party TBA.
This is a big deal! The very first Youth Food Conference in the CRD!!! The official launch of the Youth Food Network, this event will be a celebration of connection making for all youth ages 14-24 in the Capital Region district. The focus is food; good food, local food, Indigenous food systems, diversity in cultural food systems, how to grow food, how we think about food, how to get involved in local food initiatives, where your food comes from, and so much more…
This event is 100% FREE! What do you get with your free ticket?
- 4-5 Local Based Meals (a welcome dinner, a packed lunch from Whole Foods, a breakfast with Tree Island Yogurt and Singing Bowl Granola with fresh fruit, and a house cooked lunch and maybe a bonus).
- Access to all 3 event days (Friday 4pm-8pm, Saturday 9am-4pm, Sunday 10am-3pm)
- Friday activities (Inspirational speakers, meal time and mingle with youth musician, youth panel, project panel, film screening)
- Saturday activities (morning 3 hour workshop, lunch, afternoon 3 hour workshop)
- Sunday activities (breaky, workshops debrief, break out room 1, breakout room 2, lunch, send offs)